BIRDWOOD HOUSE


Birdwood House is the headquarters of the Geraldton sub-branch of the R.S.L.
It was named in honour of Field Marshall Sir William Birdwood – a famous leader of the Anzacs.
Birdwood House was officially opened in August 1935, by the Governor of Western Australia, Sir James Mitchell.
Field Marshall Birdwood was unable to be present at the opening ceremony and could not make a visit until 27th August 1937,
two years after the opening of the striking building.

Back To The Minatures of Mid West History